Monday, May 23, 2011

A Change

Ever feel like you just need a change? 

I do, far too often then I probably should. And when I feel like I need a change I usually cut my hair or change up the layout of my room....this time I couldnt do either. I've aquired too much furniture and decorative items to make it fit in my room in any way other than what it currently is and I do NOT want to cut my hair (no matter how tempted I am). So I settled for coloring it. Black. I actually quite love it, and I know in a couple of days when its faded a tad I will love it even more. HOWEVER, it did not satisfy my feelings of needing a change.

I feel like my life has changed drastically in the last few weeks, wihch I suppose it has, college has ended, I graduated (YAY) and people who I never thought would always be there for me aren't. But surprisngly Im ok with it, most of the time. People come and go in our lives, some for a reason we know instantly, some for a reason we don't learn until much later, but each memorable in their own way and for their own reason. And I am finding that as people leave our lives in one way or the other, or their role in our lives change, new people come into the fold. And that my readers, is AWESOME

Side Note: The fact that I tihnk meeting new people is awesome shows just how much I have changed in the past few months.

But back to my feelings of needing a change...I just don't know what to do to satisfy it. Ive tried my usual buying a few new outfits, shoes, coloring my hair, I even went as far as to reorganize my scrapbooking/sewing/computer/whatever I dont have space for in my actual bedroom space and it is just not working for me. So tomorrow Im plannign a little at home "spa" day, which unfortunately has to include laundry, but thats ok...Im planning on a pedicure, something funky for nail polish, a facial scrub, actually shaving my legs ;), and just general me time. Well me time including my grandma who is visiting for the week, but she loves to nap so I figure I'll be on my own a lot. I hope this cures my need for a change, because if not Im worried I will resort to cutting my hair off....

Also, we bought our flowers this weekend! YAY, they're currently taking up all available space in our garage (DARN RAIN) but once they're all planted and looking pretty I'll share pictures :)

3 comments:

  1. I also get the urge for a change once in a while. The "at home spa" idea is a great idea. How did it make you feel? :)

    ReplyDelete